What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splintering Groups

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I joined this forum because of all the multi talent from many countries,now I see we have forums for OZ,people,UK people, and so on, whats next,black hair people,fair hair people.or just for bald people. Get a life people,life is too short for this stuff, I am a Welshman living in the USA is there a chance for a forum for my type of people.:confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if they are necessary, but they have the potential to be useful.

There are different issues associated with the iPad in different countries. It makes sense to create a place where they can be discussed separately, if member wish to do so. Problems with local carriers, retailers, laws, taxes, what is/is not in the local App store, etc.

It also supplies a place where those that speak/write English poorly can ask for help and have a better chance of finding someone who can help them, or at least understand what they are asking. While us English speakers can (usually) understand each other, there are a few other languages in the world, and not everyone is adept at a second language.

Countries makes sense. You're other (straw man) suggestions do not.

(everyday I'm thankful I was lucky enough to be born as a native speaker of the current international language. I suspect I'd butcher French, and be completely incomprehensible in any language less closely related to my own)

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well said, Poet! And really ~ this forum is so big, one does not have to venture to any section if they are uncomfortable.

I'm not that I am uncomfortable Marie I just don't like it because it separates us,United we stand divided we fall. Its the start of cliques.:)

It can be done in a very different way if its to do about things wrong with the carrier and or problems within the ipad in their own country.
This will be old news by the time I return from Russia anyway.
Al.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My comment is that we are growing at a rate of about 1000 members a week, many of whom are from other counties. It has been pointed out many times that ipad issues in those countries are different to USA. This is an international forum with over 5000 daily visitors and growing every day. By providing separate sub forums it allows new users whom live in the countries listed or are living any where else in the world to have a place to discuss specific ipad problems related to that country.

I am happy to add additional countries providing that it is justified by the number of members from those countries participating. We may get a slow response with the new sub forums but at the end of the day it is just an extension of the main forum which over time will benefit users world wide.

The following sums up what the sub forums are about ....Hope it explains what we are introducing

This is a welcome message for the Dutch sub forum which will be added today.
This sub-forum is designed specifically for iPad issues - so no 'Off Topic' chit-chat - and for topics that are specific to Dutch and therefore would be of no interest to other Members - for example, issues surrounding Dutch data carriers specific Dutch regulatory issues, Dutch Apple Stores, repairs in Dutch for iPads, Dutch only apps etc.

General iPad material - still post that in the regular section. Chit-chat and other similar material in the 'Off Topic' section.

The idea was to avoid cluttering up the main section of iPad Forum with regional specific material that may be of no interest to anyone not living in the Netherlands.

Of course, it also is a great place for people who are planning to visit your country to come and seek Dutch advice and perhaps to more easily locate answers to their region-specific questions.

The other regional forums will have the same format and posters will be able to post in their native language and not be forced to speak English - which may put a lot of posters off from contributing.

Moderating the non-English Forums will be done by volunteers, whom I have been seeking, as you will have seen, but anyone who speaks that particular language is, of course, encouraged to report any posts that they feel contravene the Forum rules - which have been translated into the appropriate language and posted in the sub Forum.

But, to recap, this sub Forum is for Dutch-specific, iPad-related material.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition, some people simply do not speak English and are, therefore, completely locked out of the Forum. We already have a very active German-speaking thread in the International Users' Section. Tim

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current sub forums active are:

Australia -
French
China
United Kingdom
Dutch
Spanish.
German to follow
Greek to follow

Other sub forums will be added as needed by request however this is our decision if we create them at this time.

The International iPad users forum will cover any other countries that users may require assistance for iPad specific issues
One more thing........

If one searches Spanish iPad forums guess what we are number one in google. All other Sub forums should be the same so we should attract more members......
Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts