What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry i upgraded to ios 5

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't have multiple iDevices......just my ipad2. Now, I have totally lost the ability to print via Print'n Share on iOS 5. Most of the other features are just minor improvements for my type of use. Now I need to buy an AirPrint printer just to do a small print job! I researched iOS 5 before I did the upgrade but saw no reference to 3rd party print apps. Ugh! I knew I should have waited longer (just saw a similar complaint this afternoon). Maybe they will upgrade the Print'n share app?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just read your post so I tried to print from my ipad1 to my wireless HP printer. I have iOS 5 and it prints great.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I'm printing w/ a 3rd party app, i.e. FingerPrint - has worked well; not sure what issues will occur when I decide to upgrade to iOS5 - but I'm assuming that these 'incompatible' apps will be soon updated themselves to work w/ the new iOS version - only makes sense? :)

SusanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read awhile back that Print n Share was "as is," and due a dispute with Apple, there would be no further updates. Mine isn't working either. :( If there was a decent Air printer to compete with my all-in-one Canon MP640, I would buy a new one.

For now, does anyone have a recommendation app to replace Print n Share?

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forgetful said:
If you saved your blobs, can you downgrade to 4.3.5?

The only "blob" I know was a horror movie back in the 50's! Ha ha

jpp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I'm printing w/ a 3rd party app, i.e. FingerPrint - has worked well; not sure what issues will occur when I decide to upgrade to iOS5 - but I'm assuming that these 'incompatible' apps will be soon updated themselves to work w/ the new iOS version - only makes sense? :)
Yes, I'm in the same boat. I'm using XP3 on my PC and FingerPrint has been working fine with iOS4. The FingerPrint website (Collobos Software) makes no mention of iOS5 although they claim that it should work with iOS4.2 or later. Pretty sure they hadn't thought of iOS5 at the time they published that though...

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
jpp said:
Yes, I'm in the same boat. I'm using XP3 on my PC and FingerPrint has been working fine with iOS4. The FingerPrint website (Collobos Software) makes no mention of iOS5 although they claim that it should work with iOS4.2 or later. Pretty sure they hadn't thought of iOS5 at the time they published that though...

Well, I left them an email a few days ago, but as of Monday morning no response; maybe others will report on their upgrade experience w/ this program?

UPDATE:
Monday morning - decided to try the iOS 5 upgrade - went quite smoothly and in less than an hour my apps, photos, data, etc. had been successfully restored (BIG sigh of relief) - just a minor glitch w/ the 'Mail' app, probably a setting?

But gave FingerPrint a try and I was able to print from Numbers, Pages, & a recipe app (Paprika) - so for the moment seems to work just as before - :)

Last edited:

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have multiple iDevices......just my ipad2. Now, I have totally lost the ability to print via Print'n Share on iOS 5. Most of the other features are just minor improvements for my type of use. Now I need to buy an AirPrint printer just to do a small print job! I researched iOS 5 before I did the upgrade but saw no reference to 3rd party print apps. Ugh! I knew I should have waited longer (just saw a similar complaint this afternoon). Maybe they will upgrade the Print'n share app?

I have the same issue. Print n Share will work if you use the open in feature, email and it will print any pdf's attachments in drop box. Support says that they are trying to work it out with Apple.

jpp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

UPDATE:
Monday morning - decided to try the iOS 5 upgrade - went quite smoothly and in less than an hour my apps, photos, data, etc. had been successfully restored (BIG sigh of relief) - just a minor glitch w/ the 'Mail' app, probably a setting?

But gave FingerPrint a try and I was able to print from Numbers, Pages, & a recipe app (Paprika) - so for the moment seems to work just as before - :)
That's good news !! I too send them an email and left a message on their Twitter site, but no response yet. Maybe they're reading this Forum and waiting for us to verify that it's working OK - saves them a whole lot of bother :).

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's good news !! I too send them an email and left a message on their Twitter site, but no response yet. Maybe they're reading this Forum and waiting for us to verify that it's working OK - saves them a whole lot of bother :).

Hi Phil - LOL! :D Yep, let the customers be the suckers! :) At any rate, I'm quite pleased at the moment in this MAJOR OS upgrade - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts