Sonic CD Announced for iOS

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    [​IMG]

Great news for fans of the world’s fastest hedgehog with news from Sega today that it will be bringing Sonic CD to iOS devices. Originally released for the Sega CD system in 1993, the classic game featured the first appearance of such fan favourites as Metal Sonic and Amy Rose. The game will have music from the original Japanese soundtrack, and will be available for download from the App Store in late 2011.

Sonic CD for iOS follows the classic story of the original game, with Dr Eggman planning to cause chaos and take control of the planet by stealing Time Stones from the Little Planet. It’s up to the player to control Sonic as he speeds through levels and travels back in time while fending off Eggman’s robots in a bid to recover the Time Stones and save Amy Rose from his mechanical twin, Metal Sonic! The iOS game will also have some brand new special features that have been added especially for this version.

Source: Sega Europe
  2. Destroyer

Destroyer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    we need al those 16/32 bit games on iOS it would be awesome..!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. J.D

J.D iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I love the Sonic collection of titles for the iOS, I would also be amazed if they brought out Sonic Adventure for the iPad, it could support it no problem.