1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Smart Cover disables Lockscreen?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Hopper200456, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Hopper200456

Hopper200456 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello everyone,

I recently got an iPad 2 and I'm thinking about
    getting a Smart Cover. But I have a question or two about it.

First, "without turning on a password, will the Smart Cover Disable the lock screen?"

Secondly, "is it worth the price? I mean, I can't think of how many times I've would have liked it to use while typing"

Anywayz, thank you for your time. :)
  2. darrenjcampbell

darrenjcampbell iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, it doesn't disable the lock screen, though apparently it did on the original release of iOS 5, but was quickly fixed. I was actually asked the same question just recently and experimented and was unable to reproduce the problem, though I did find a few articles that back up what I'm now saying.

As for the cover itself, I was dubious about it at first, but having it, I use it all the time and and very happy with it. I went for the leather one, but there is the cheaper option too. However, if you're going to be using it day in day out, it might be worth splashing out a bit.
  3. Hopper200456

Hopper200456 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you very much. This answered both of my questions. :D

I will probably be using it daily, but I don't think I'll be getting the leather.

Thanks again!