Small problem that I need help with!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Lgb0250, May 2, 2013.

1. Lgb0250

Lgb0250 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had my IPad for quite awhile now but we just got my wife's IPad today and in the process of setting it up.

We set her up a mail account with no problems except its syncing with mine!! I was showing her how to delete my folders in iCloud on hers when all of a sudden I realized they were disappearing from my IPad also! Not good.

Do I need to set her up her own iTunes account in order for both of them not to sync together? I named hers different from mine but it doesn't appear that that is enough.

Thanks for the help
  2. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    Yes you need separate accounts with iTunes.
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +902 / 0
    Hi & welcome to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that your wife's account is setup w/ a different login name and password (regardless of using the same email client - we use Yahoo)? If so, I'm not sure why you may be having the issues described - I don't use iCloud, so not sure if that would be a consideration - others may have to help?

Now, I've had an iPad 2 for 2 yrs and just bought my wife an iPad Mini - I set her up through my Apple account so we could download my purchases to her iPad, so far has worked fine for us - not sure that there is an easy answer to your question, but please post back your specifics on setting up your wife's account and how you may be using iCloud - good luck! Dave
  4. Lgb0250

Lgb0250 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone.

Looks like once I deleted my iCloud account from her IPad and then set her up with a separate account, all is well. Unfortunately I lost several folders from my IPad before I realized what was happening. Live and learn I guess.

Again, thanks