What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skyfire on the iPad?

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the the Skyfire app that allows you to play flash video on my iPhone. When I try it on Hulu I get a message saying it's incompatible with mobile devices. They just came out with a iPad version for $4.99. Does anyone know if the same thing happens on Hulu with the iPad?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the Hulu app or trying to open them on the Hulu website?

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the Hulu app or trying to open them on the Hulu website?

No, not the Hulu plus. I'm trying it with the Skyfire app. Here's a link to the iPad version... Skyfire Web Browser for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store ...it works on all flash sites on the iPhone version except Hulu where I get the message that it's not compatible with mobile devices. The app is not universal, there a different one for the iPhone and the iPad. I want to know if anyone tried it with the iPad version or knows if Hulu would recognize the iPad a mobile device.

summer_rain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have problem viewing flash video on it, it would just play the first 30secs of the video clip and just freezes there. does anyone has a solution to this?

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have problem viewing flash video on it, it would just play the first 30secs of the video clip and just freezes there. does anyone has a solution to this?

It does that sometimes. I think it helps if you free up RAM before you try using it. Close some apps that are running in the background or just reset your phone/pad. I could be wrong but this seemed to make a difference for me.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waisted $4.99 for this app and found it to be useless. Over 90 percent of my sites were not supported. Just wait till they get it right. I have requested a refund on this app.

iPadIssues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waisted $4.99 for this app and found it to be useless. Over 90 percent of my sites were not supported. Just wait till they get it right. I have requested a refund on this app.

That's exactly what happened to me...does anybody know of a list of websites that are supported by skyfire?

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's exactly what happened to me...does anybody know of a list of websites that are supported by skyfire?

South Park Studios works great with it. That is the main reason I got it. I can't think of any sites it didn't work on (that I tried) except for Hulu. It's a long way from perfect though, that's for sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts