What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SIM card: Where is it located?

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been told that the iPad has an internal SIM card, but I cannot locate a slot anywhere on the unit. Does anyone know how to access it?

Thanks.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a 3G iPad, the card is on the left side edge, about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom (the only thing that is on the left side), and to pop it out you need to oust either the provided iPad "tool" or a paperclip into the small hole next to it. If you have the wifi model, I could be wrong, but I don't believe you have a slot at all.

OP
Addicted2it

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have the 3G model, but cannot locate the slot or hole. I read somewhere else about a SIM card removal tool, but it was not included in the package.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I do have the 3G model, but cannot locate the slot or hole. I read somewhere else about a SIM card removal tool, but it was not included in the package.

OK well have you been able to locket the volume rocker switch?
On the oposite side there is only one thing a simcard slot with a pinhole to eject it. Put a paperclip in the tiny whole to eject the simcard.

Can you post a picture of the back of your iPad for us so that we know for sure what one you have. It sounds like you dont have a 3G iPad but keep insisting that you do.

OP
Addicted2it

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found it! Very hard to spot.

Thanks to all who responded. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts