What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shazam

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love to listen to internet radio on my iPad.
Sometimes there is a song on the radio which I want to know the name about, then I use Shazam. But when I ask Shazam to listen to the song, it mutes the speakers of the iPad because it only wants to listen to external speakers.
So I will never know what song it was.
Does someone know if there is a way to let Shazam listen to the internal speakers of the iPad (so stop it from muting them)?

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you've got a phone with a voice recorder, use it to catch the four bars of music as it comes out of your iPad's speakers, then play it back to Shazam or SoundHound.

They're the only apps I know that recognize, and they only catch external sounds.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a great idea! Thanks.
I hope they will update Shazam one day to make it possible to "listen" to the internal speakers as well.

Reecall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love to listen to internet radio on my iPad.
Sometimes there is a song on the radio which I want to know the name about, then I use Shazam. But when I ask Shazam to listen to the song, it mutes the speakers of the iPad because it only wants to listen to external speakers.
So I will never know what song it was.
Does someone know if there is a way to let Shazam listen to the internal speakers of the iPad (so stop it from muting them)?

Try the app SoundHound.

Bowerjd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the shazam iPhone app will listen to the iPads speakers

Most reactions

Latest posts