What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seven Annoying or Missing Features in iPhone 6S/iOS 9 that We Wish Apple Would Fix

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-ios9-7-quirks.jpg

Even though this story focuses on the iPhone 6S, there are still some parts of this article that also apply to the iPad, so we thought it worth sharing here.

Even though Apple's iOS 9 is easily one of their most impressive iOS advancements yet, that doesn't mean it isn't without its share of quirks. In fact, there are a few features that really need to be improved, and a few that are simply missing but should be implemented. We came up with 7 different features/functions that are either annoying or missing and we wish Apple would take note of this.

Here they are:
  • Changing Wallpapers is still tedious - it's kind of a pain that you have to manually go into to the settings menu just to change out the wallpaper. Perhaps if Apple would add a way to do that from the main screen by holding down on the background, we wouldn't have a reason to complain.
  • Live Photos are hard to identify - one of iOS' coolest new features is the Live Photos. Unfortunately, it's really tough to differentiate them from the other pics. We would love to see some tag symbol that makes it easy to figure out which of your photos in the gallery are Live Photos.
  • Clearing notifications is overly complex - it seems strange that you have to double-tap each and every notification, and there is no "clear all" option for them. This makes dealing with notifications a bit of a hassle and could be easily improved.
  • Switching between video modes is a pain - in this day and age, why couldn't Apple have included a simple way to switch between 1080p video recording and 4K video recording without having to go deep into the settings menu. There should be a simple button/icon to tap from within the video app that tackles that on the fly.
  • Still required to sync up with iTunes to drag and drop files to the iPhone - this one isn't that big of a deal, but it's simply overly complex and time consuming as there is no way to simply drag and drop files to the iPhone without syncing into iTunes first
  • There's no way to fast-type numbers or punctuation on the keyboard - this one has us scratching our head. Apple has stuck to the same basic keyboard for far too long, and it's really silly that there is no numbers row, and no shortcuts to the number keys. Also, it's really a pain to find the asterisk: *.
  • No ability to freely rearrange icons on the desktop - this one has no excuse. There's simply no reason why this functionality couldn't be baked in as it would be simple and painless to program in.
Despite these oversights/quibbles, Apple's iOS 9 for the iPhone 6S has included some impressive new capabilities. If Apple could take care of some of these more "glaring" complaints, Apple's iOS 9 would offer an even more user-friendly experience for consumers. Feel free to name off anything we might have missed.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand the rearrange icons one. This has been a thing for many years. Getting it into the mode to rearrange the icons is as simple as holding the icon for a few seconds until it wiggles. You can move pages, create grouped folders, and more.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand the rearrange icons one. This has been a thing for many years. Getting it into the mode to rearrange the icons is as simple as holding the icon for a few seconds until it wiggles. You can move pages, create grouped folders, and more.

Though I don't think that's what he means. What I do think he's referring to is for the icons to not start in the upper left and go across the screen, but to allow them to be place anywhere on the screen. For example to have a row of icons right above the springboard across the bottom and no where else, in other words the way it works on Android devices.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Though I don't think that's what he means. What I do think he's referring to is for the icons to not start in the upper left and go across the screen, but to allow them to be place anywhere on the screen. For example to have a row of icons right above the springboard across the bottom and no where else, in other words the way it works on Android devices.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Yes, I see your point. If so, it wasn't articulated in a way to clearly convey that point. ;)

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I see your point. If so, it wasn't articulated in a way to clearly convey that point. ;)

Yes I agree, his meaning wasn't defined clearly enough to be understood. If all you ever had experience with was iOS devices then you probably wouldn't have understood or considered my interpretation of what he was saying. Though this is the one thing that I miss having come from an Android devcie to iOS. WHat good is it to have pretty homescreen wallpaper if it's just going to be covered up with icons?

Most reactions

Latest posts