What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up new iPad

spot9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, my wife uses her iPad for her Square Restaurant app. She decided to buy a new iPad to use just for this app. I mistakenly setup the new iPad as if it was replacing the current one, so now it is basically a clone of the personal one. I want to factory reset it, but I am getting an error. I am going to settings/general. I then select "Transfer or Reset iPad". I then select "Erase All Content and Settings". The "Erase This iPad" screen comes up. When I select Continue and put in the passcode, it comes up with "An Unknown Error Occurred, Please Try Again Later"

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, my wife uses her iPad for her Square Restaurant app. She decided to buy a new iPad to use just for this app. I mistakenly setup the new iPad as if it was replacing the current one, so now it is basically a clone of the personal one. I want to factory reset it, but I am getting an error. I am going to settings/general. I then select "Transfer or Reset iPad". I then select "Erase All Content and Settings". The "Erase This iPad" screen comes up. When I select Continue and put in the passcode, it comes up with "An Unknown Error Occurred, Please Try Again Later"
Have you signed out of Find my iPad and are you quite sure you are using the correct passcode?

OP
S

spot9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you signed out of Find my iPad and are you quite sure you are using the correct passcode?
Under settings " Find My" is greyed out and cannot do anything with it. I'm using the same passcode that allows me into the iPad

OP
S

spot9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It updating when i first started it up. It says it is up to date iPadOS 16.5.1

OP
S

spot9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have done that a few times. Maybe I should take it back to Best Buy and see if their
Can you try powering down and restarting The iPad?
Thanks for your help Jupiter7. I connected to a different network and made sure the iPad was plugged in and it is now working.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I have done that a few times. Maybe I should take it back to Best Buy and see if their

Thanks for your help Jupiter7. I connected to a different network and made sure the iPad was plugged in and it is now working.
Glad to help. Very pleased the iPad is up and running.

Most reactions

Latest posts