1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Sent mail folder

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jfolliard, May 23, 2011.

1. jfolliard

jfolliard iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How long do messages remain in the sent folder? Is this tweak able?

Thanks, Jack
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001 / 1
    Unless you have a rule that removes them on the server side, they are there until you delete them.
  3. jfolliard

jfolliard iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. pilgrim

pilgrim iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I am a new user and I am still finding my way around my iPad. I have just come across a minor problem that seems to fit this thread. I have set up two email accounts. The first is on gmail and is no problem. However the other is on msn and does not seem to be set up fully. The gmail account has 11 mailboxes but the msn account only has an inbox folder and a trash folder. I don't need all of the folders that are on gmail but I would like to see Sent mail. Amy idea how I get this to show itself?
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001 / 1
    I don't have an MSN account, so I can't give you detailed instructions. However, if you find that they give you the option to set up your MSN account as IMAP, use that in preference to POP3. It will give you greater flexibility when setting up and syncing folders across devices and computers.

Also, go into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and select your account. There is usually a set of Advanced options available. You will probably have to go one or two levels in, tapping on your account email address, to find it. There are sometimes options to change/setup basic mailbox locations there.

Do the IMAP first, if it's an options. That's your most flexible approach.

As for the GMail mailboxes, there are a lot of default ones. You can add or prune this list by going to GMail on the website and editing them there. The changes should automatically sync to the iPad. Personally I just left them alone, and created a few of my own for archiving the occasional important email. The website calls them labels, not folders, for some obscure reason that probably has more to do with how the programer set them up than how they are used.