What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sent mail folder

jfolliard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long do messages remain in the sent folder? Is this tweak able?

Thanks, Jack

pilgrim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am a new user and I am still finding my way around my iPad. I have just come across a minor problem that seems to fit this thread. I have set up two email accounts. The first is on gmail and is no problem. However the other is on msn and does not seem to be set up fully. The gmail account has 11 mailboxes but the msn account only has an inbox folder and a trash folder. I don't need all of the folders that are on gmail but I would like to see Sent mail. Amy idea how I get this to show itself?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have an MSN account, so I can't give you detailed instructions. However, if you find that they give you the option to set up your MSN account as IMAP, use that in preference to POP3. It will give you greater flexibility when setting up and syncing folders across devices and computers.

Also, go into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and select your account. There is usually a set of Advanced options available. You will probably have to go one or two levels in, tapping on your account email address, to find it. There are sometimes options to change/setup basic mailbox locations there.

Do the IMAP first, if it's an options. That's your most flexible approach.

As for the GMail mailboxes, there are a lot of default ones. You can add or prune this list by going to GMail on the website and editing them there. The changes should automatically sync to the iPad. Personally I just left them alone, and created a few of my own for archiving the occasional important email. The website calls them labels, not folders, for some obscure reason that probably has more to do with how the programer set them up than how they are used.

Most reactions

Latest posts