What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending iPad to son in New Zealand

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

A colleauge at work would like to send an iPad to her son in Christchruch New Zealand. She is located in Ireland. Can she order on the Irish store and dipatch it to his address there? Or can she order it with here Irish visa card on the New Zealand site for delivery there.

Personally I thought she couldn't do this either way with apples restrictions but would anyone be able to advise/ or have any other suggestions.

She does not want to wire him the money directly as she's not sure he'd get an ipad with it.

Thanks

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A colleauge at work would like to send an iPad to her son in Christchruch New Zealand. She is located in Ireland. Can she order on the Irish store and dipatch it to his address there? Or can she order it with here Irish visa card on the New Zealand site for delivery there.

I don't believe so. She could buy an iPad in Ireland and send it to NZ by courier. A wifi only will work fine and a 3G will also work with a NZ sim card installed. All that will be required is the adapter to allow the charger to plug into a NZ wall socket.

She does not want to wire him the money directly as she's not sure he'd get an ipad with it.

In that case maybe she should question why she is sending an iPad in the first place.

If she is determined to buy an iPad she could contact an Apple reseller in NZ and arrange to forward them the money and have them supply an iPad to her son. NZ is small enough that people still do those sort of personal services if you are polite and explain what you are doing and why. She can place an order with the reseller and when it comes into stock she pays for it and when they are happy that the money is clear they ship the product to her son.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks

Sounds like the person has bigger problems then the lack of a Ipad.

Even if she does get the Ipad to them, he will be able to just sell it on E-bay or some place else if he is looking for some quick cash.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rudinater said:
Sounds like the person has bigger problems then the lack of a Ipad.

Even if she does get the Ipad to them, he will be able to just sell it on E-bay or some place else if he is looking for some quick cash.

I find this statement quite rude! I know what your getting at but it could be for a perfectly good reason, for instance my mother is giving me some money towards my wedding, but it will be quite tempting to spend that money on something else like a MacBook, which is a perfectly innocent reason unlike what I think your getting at...

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts