What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling ipad

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The basic operating system has been the same since the original iPhone, it's not going to change. They have a formula that works, they aren't going to mess with it.

Thinner? Maybe slightly, but won't be a huge difference.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I sell mine, it will be after the iPad 2.

Put it this way.. Say prices stay the same. I paid $630 for mine. If I sell mine for $400 then that's a $230 loss.

I would be willing to take a $230 loss. I consider it getting my $230 worth...

I doubt I sell. I always find a use for my items. Upgraded to a new iPhone? Use the old iPhone as a iPod. Airplane mode and there you go..

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have thought about this as well. But I could never be iPad-less now that I'm spoiled. I will most likely keep Lily (my current iPad) and pass her on to the girlfriend. I generally find it cheaper for me to keep the old one and recycle it to her or the kids, than to buy two new ones later.

I will definitely be getting the iPad 2. Although Im perfectly happy with this one, I feel confident that the next one will have more horsepower under the hood, and it will definitely be needed as the quality of software improves and becomes more hardware intensive especially with the multi-tasking options.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My point was not that the iPadII could be worse, but at best, it is an unknown. Anything that anyone tells you about the next generation iPad is either guessing or is just wishful thinking.

If you are going to wait around for the latest and greatest of anything, you will be waiting forever!

I agree.. iPhone 2g had a nice aluminum back. 3G and 3GS have plastic backs. iPhone 4 has a glass back. The iPhone 4 has a new great form. However, glass? why not another material? Why make a frigle device more prone to damage?

See items can get worse with newer models.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I am hearing, Apple "will be conspicuously absent" at this years CES. I will let you all know in a few days. CES is January 6-9 and I will be there.

And Superbike is 100% correct in the value. We watched this happen with the iPhones and iTouch among various other devices.

I've been attending CES nearly every year for a decade, and I don't recall seeing Apple at any of them. Up until a couple years ago, they always had MacWorld, but now just hold Special Events whenever something big is being announced.

Regarding the OT, I kept my first gen iPhone for nearly 3 years before getting a new iPhone.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh ok, I assumed Apple would be at CES, but I guess I shouldn't have expected them to conform to a social norm like that. Well, regardless, the iPad 2 specs and price will be announced in the next month or so probably, so if you really want to get the best possible resale value for your iPad, you should probably sell it before that announcement.

Still, I think it's not worth selling now, unless that $50 or so difference in resale value is really a big deal to you

NightHawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I would pass mine on to a family member if I wanted a new Ipad...but really don't see a new one in my future for quite some time....heck, I'm still learning this one.

Petercar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing the iPad2 is gonna have that's not on the iPad is the camera

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait till the new version comes out and give it to a loved one.
They'll love you even more..........worth more than the paltry sums involved :)

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once they announce the new ipad 2 the you will be able to get an ipad for under 300, so many will be for sale. I can already get them used under 400. Sell within the month before everybody else starts.

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with passing it on to a family member. Off late the wife has gingerly started to show an interest in the Ipad. She is still very much attached to her notebook. Then again for the kind of number crunching she usually does, the Ipad is definitely not the tool of choice. Does anyone foresee a more "business friendly" Ipad in the future?

Going on hollidays end of the month and I decided already I'll only bring the Ipad and not the Mac or the notebook. Lets see how that works out.

Ipad 2 or 3, it doesnt matter. Bring them all, we'll buy them all.........

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Computers are like cameras

They become successively more technically advanced. Quickly. I cannot afford to buy every little upgraded version - skipped the 3GS iPhone and went from the 3 to the 4. Gave my iPhone 3 to another family member. I do the same with cameras and computer gear. I have never sold any of them. Always recycle within the family.

Most reactions

Latest posts