What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ScreenShot not Working

metaMeerkat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope someone can help. I used to be able to take perfect screenshots by pressing two buttons simultaneously. Now, when I do it, the screen goes black and locks the iPad. I have top unlock it again with the slider. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

... de reir a cheile a thogtar na caisleain ...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like your home button is acting up. You could try using a soft home button

Go to Settings/General/Accessibility/Assistive Touch. Turn it ON.
At the top of the screen, you will see a white dot appear. Touch it, and it will expand into 4 software buttons. One of them is HOME. Touch it and press sleep/wake at the same time and it should grab the screenshot. I just checked it and it works.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help. I used to be able to take perfect screenshots by pressing two buttons simultaneously. Now, when I do it, the screen goes black and locks the iPad. I have top unlock it again with the slider. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

... de reir a cheile a thogtar na caisleain ...

Just wondering if you are holding the On/Off and Home buttons in for too long when doing a screenshot? Because that is an early stage of what happens when you reset the iPad (something Apple recommends should be done about monthly anyway)

When you reset/reboot your iPad, both those buttons are held down simultaneously until the screen blacks out. Keep holding and ignore the slider ON button until the white apple logo appears. Then let both buttons go and wait until the iPad has been reset.

When taking a screen shot you should be holding down those same buttons very briefly, but not so long that the screen blacks out. May not be the answer, but just a thought.

Most reactions

Latest posts