What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen rotation won't work

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
suddenly my screen won't rotate! Have tried all the ideas re side switch,spotlight ..... Also my calculator app disappeared, not anywhere .help please.
Doris

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
suddenly my screen won't rotate! Have tried all the ideas re side switch,spotlight ..... Also my calculator app disappeared, not anywhere .help please.
Doris
If the side switch is set to mute did you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to make sure that the rotation lock bitton is not activated.
image.jpg

If this doesn't work, try restarting the iPad by pressing and holding the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

Have you checked any folders to see if the calculator app is there? Are you sure the app hasn't been accidentally deleted?

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the side switch is set to mute did you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to make sure that the rotation lock bitton is not activated. View attachment 63423

If this doesn't work, try restarting the iPad by pressing and holding the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

Have you checked any folders to see if the calculator app is there? Are you sure the app hasn't been accidentally deleted?
Thanks very much. Rotation now works! Calculator??? I guess it could have been deleted unintentionally can't find it, but it WAS there originally!
Do appreciate your help ,mucho.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no standard built in calculator app for iPads like there is in the iPhone. Did you download a calculator app from the App Store that has since disappeared? If it's not on any of your home screens or hidden in a folder, try going into the purchased list in the App Store. You should find it in your list of purchased apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts