What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen keeps maximizing/minimizing .helppp

Orlandini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi .
First of all,hello everyone.im Ricardo. Im new in the forum.im from portugal and i have my ipad mini for almost 2 years.always working fine since 2 days ago, it started to maximize and minimize all by himself.
I went to an apple store and they advised me to restore my ipad to default configuration. i did and nothing,problem remains.
i made a small movie with my cell phone so you can understand better the problem.

has anyone had similar problem?

cheers.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I watched your video and I think that you may have a defect in your touchscreen that sends spurious inputs that mimic touch to zoom and changing tabs. If it's true, there's a hardware fault in your touchscreen that may require repair. I suggest you make a Genius Bar appointment to have the problem checked out. Show them the video of the problem.

Restoring to default configuration would not help in the case of a defective touchscreen.

OP
O

Orlandini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thx scifan for the reply.
will do that asap.
thkx

kankr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had similar problems, with the ipad switching apps as well, and it all started when I updated to 8.3. I wouldn't recommend the Genius Bar. I wasted 4 hours and they didn't have a clue.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had similar problems, with the ipad switching apps as well, and it all started when I updated to 8.3. I wouldn't recommend the Genius Bar. I wasted 4 hours and they didn't have a clue.
Have you tried the Genius Bar at a different time and seen another tech? If your problem is the same as the OP's then it's almost certainly a hardware problem that requires a new screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts