What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratches? Dents?

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would love to know if anyone else has these and if they bother you or not? Thanks!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my iPad 1 on a corner maybe nine months ago. I didn't notice the ding on the corner till months later. I have a TPU back on it now. Never notice the ding. I don't care, as long as it works. I use my iPad 1 and 2 interchangeably. No problems with either.

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dee Ashley said:
No,

How did you get you get scratches?

I dropped it and dented the corner :(. It works fine but it drives me insane!!!!!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
applechick said:
I dropped it and dented the corner :(. It works fine but it drives me insane!!!!!!

That would make me crazy too. I'm uber-OCD about my devices... My iPhone3G has one tiny scratch and that drives me mad :) both iPads are mint fortunately. Sorry for your dent! :(

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
That would make me crazy too. I'm uber-OCD about my devices... My iPhone3G has one tiny scratch and that drives me mad :) both iPads are mint fortunately. Sorry for your dent! :(

Thanks :) I thought mine was protected too. I have a folio case but the corners are exposed so that's where the dent is. I know I should be happy it still works I just hate looking at the stupid dent!!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Thanks :) I thought mine was protected too. I have a folio case but the corners are exposed so that's where the dent is. I know I should be happy it still works I just hate looking at the stupid dent!!!

Well, these nicks, dents, etc. are often just unavoidable - as long as your 'possessions' still work fine then just not a big worry for me; e.g. dents in you new car, dropping my new tools, and so many other examples.

Just a personal experience - my wife is a musician and years ago I bought her a handmade Celtic harp by Chris Caswell (out of California) - these are used by professionals (so won't mention the cost); well w/i a few weeks she tipped it over and the edge hit our glass coffee table leaving a dent - she was devastated for weeks & wanted it fixed; I'm an amateur woodworker and told her it was not worth the effort - well, she finally got over it and has added some more dents & scratches over the years - still looks great (pic below - the Caswell is the larger harp in the photo).

So, bottom line, these items that we own if used frequently will get banged up a little, just something you have to accept (or not I guess for some) - peace - :)

785652268_4Cbow-O.jpg

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Omg me too. I had my iPhone 4 for 8 months and barely had one itty bitty scratch on the back. I don't bother with cases because they all seem to scratch them more than anything. Now I have a new one because of a home button issue and I'm putting the clear protection on it including the edges :) the iPad I've had for a couple months and just use a apple cover because I hate carrying around bulky things. I take it out once a week for a nice wipe down and clean the case at the same time. I think my main thing besides the OCD is resell value.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Get a case that covers the dent. If you aren't always looking at it, you're more likely not to fixate on it.

My ding is covered. I never think about it, except when I see threads asking about such, lol.

DarioPhantom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad in mint condition for almost a year. However, when my sister came to visit and brought along my baby nephew, that streak was broken. He pushed it off the bed, which gave it a good mark on top. But recently, I rode my bike down the street to someone's house, with my iPad in the pack. Unfortunately, when I took it out, I noticed a thin, but large crack on the bottom near the home button.

It makes it very sad to see that happen. Especially when I almost always take good care for my electronics...

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My screen is flawless, but the back has 3 vey small scratches. I bought a nice Incipio case that takes care of that though.

Most reactions

Latest posts