What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrabble

aberogwr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to iPad, a retired journalist living in Wales. I'm trying to work out how to play Scrabble on line with friends. The Scrabble app doesn't help. Any suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Aberogwr - welcome to the forum! :)

Although I do not play games 'online', I'm assuming the Game Center app (check HERE) will be your 'gateway' to playing games w/ your friends over the internet - it's already on your iPad (a built-in app). Good luck and let us know if that works for you - Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Scrabble requires a FaceBook account to play online, and you can only play against other FaceBook users. On the other hand any FaceBook user can play against you. No iPad required.

Joining open games from the iPad is difficult. Most games are filled and closed before you can finish joining them. Games you start yourself work fine. Games that you are invited to work fine.

If you want an almost identical game that does not need FaceBook, try Words With Friends. I have not used it myself, but it gets very goo reviews.

A faster word game with a stronger strategy component is Letterpress. I do have and use this one and love it. The only problem is the people who quit making moves when they realize they'er doomed. ;)

OP
A

aberogwr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your rapid replies. Sadly, Facebook is too high a price to pay! I'll have to stick wit h Words with Friends, though t's not as good in my view, Zand I'll look at Letterpress.:(

Most reactions