What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save skype screen shot

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to hold your iPad with one hand, enable Assisitve Touch on Settings - General - Accessibility before the call. A small, dark, transparent button will appear and slide to one to sides of your iPad. When you intend to take a screenshot, tap the button.
Select Device
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428221420.646643.jpg

Choose More
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428221437.030228.jpg

Tap Screenshot
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428221452.434326.jpg

Hope that helps.

OP
I

islandman

If you want to hold your iPad with one hand, enable Assisitve Touch on Settings - General - Accessibility before the call. A small, dark, transparent button will appear and slide to one to sides of your iPad. When you intend to take a screenshot, tap the button.
Select Device
View attachment 63812
Choose More
View attachment 63813
Tap Screenshot
View attachment 63814
Hope that helps.

I have that, but after touching the ipad icon, ah, I did it, thanks, can't wait for skype again later.

Coincidently, my ipad pinged at 6.30am, my daughter in the Middle East said "skype?" So I started skype with my wife still fast asleep, and our daughter was saying "wake up mum, happy Easter" . How's that for an unexpected wake up call

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure why this was needed. How steady you hold the iPad during a Skype call is not going to affect the image of your daughter when you capture it. Only the smaller image of yourself.

Of course, that might be the point.

OP
I

islandman

This new (to me) floating button to create a screen capture works a treat with the large incoming picture captured so easily.

An example is that we watched our grand daughter open an Easter egg via Skype from her home miles away, as as she did it, I captured screen shots. Then as soon as the Skype call ended, via Facebook's Messenger, I sent those pics to our grand daughters mummy (our daughter) and they were much appreciated.

So all in all, one good and worthwhile tip.Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts