What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same apps on 2 Ipads.

deerhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have iPad 1 and would like to upgrade to the latest iPad. My husband will have the old one. Is it possible to keep the apps on the old iPad and still have them on the new iPad?
Thanks for any help.
Deerhunter

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you can set up your new iPad from the backup of your old iPad in iTunes and all of the same apps will be on it.

The Archangel

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My husband will have the old one.
Deerhunter

Now THAT is refreshing to see IMHO. In too many posts do I see the ladies being lucky enough to get the hand-me-down previous version once hubby acquires the latest toy. Excellent!
Regards, Andrew

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, you can set up your new iPad from the backup of your old iPad in iTunes and all of the same apps will be on it.

After doing this it is a good idea to make sure the two iPads have different names for iTunes. The restore will give the new iPad the same name as the iPad 1, so you can rename it to something else. This way, they both can be backed up seperately, as once you make the copy they will begin to have different stuff and different arrangements of icons, etc. You will want to keep the same Apple ID on them so you can share apps, however, so the naming is only for the iPad in iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts