What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Settings

MemphisMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to sign up on a website for their rewards thing, and after I sign in, Safari goes blank, and says, "Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occured."

Is there a setting I can change to allow this? I looked around, but could not find anything relating to this. :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This may occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page, which is then redirected to open the original page.

Resolution

This issue is typically caused by the website you're trying to view, not by Safari. Safari may be able to open the website at a later time, when the website's redirect problem has been corrected. Occasionally, the issue might be caused by an interaction with Safari.

The issue may also occur because redirect information has been retained beyond its useful life. In some cases, resetting Safari may allow you to regain access to a website.

To do that, follow these steps:
Choose Safari > Clear Cookies and Data.
Additionally, remove Safari from the multitask bar.

If the issue persists, sending feedback to the affected website may help.

(Apple support)

Last edited:

allon_peter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari is set to show some of the features of the web, like some movies, animation, and web applications. You may wish to turn off some of these features to help protect your privacy and iPhone from possible security risks on the Internet.

Most reactions

Latest posts