What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: 10.5-inch iPad Pro to Enter Production This Month

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
10.5 inch iPad Pro to start production this month.JPG

Forbes reports that according to IHS Markit analyst Rhoda Alexander, the release of a 10.5-inch iPad Pro is still on the cards. “Indications are…10.5-inch iPad production is commencing this month. An April launch still looks somewhat tentative but the necessary elements are starting to come together,” Alexander told Forbes in an email.

Alexander also said that the production run is initially “limited,” adding that it would be easy for Apple to quickly ramp up production should it be necessary. Alexander said that Apple could possibly be planning to launch the 10.5-inch iPad Pro in a small number of territories at first, expanding the number of territories later.

Alexander also provided a little more insight into Apple’s overall iPad strategy, saying, “It’s very interesting to look at how well they surf the supply chain. The longer they keep a product active the more opportunity there is to benefit from the component cost reductions over the product life-cycle, as well as allowing them to disperse development costs across more units. This is key to Apple’s profit strategy.”

Alexander also pointed to Apple’s shipping of 4.6 million iPad minis in the fourth quarter of 2016 as being “pretty impressive for a product that was more than a year old at the time and at the top of the pricing for products of its size.”

Source: What Happened To The 10.5-Inch iPad Pro? This Analyst Has An Answer

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm very curious how this model will fit into the lineup. If I were to upgrade this might be the one I'd get. Interesting. Hmmmm.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm very curious how this model will fit into the lineup. If I were to upgrade this might be the one I'd get. Interesting. Hmmmm.

Well, I have an Air 2 from late 2014, so coming up on 3 years of age - my battery health is not as good as expected (but still fine) - SO, I'm definitely interested in this 'potential' model w/ the slightly larger screen size but overall same physical size as my current iPad - will wait the announcements! Dave :)

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the price is right I'd be interested in an iPad with a slightly larger screen. If Apple are listening then a 64Gb entry level device would be good!

Most reactions

Latest posts