What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Resolved) Can someone explain the difference?

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just had a support chat with Savannah. She said "battery size does not contribute to longer battery life", and that my assumption that battery life would scale up with battery size was in error.

Ok, I'll just have to change the way I do things and make better use of Handoff between my iOS devices.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had a support chat with Savannah. She said "battery size does not contribute to longer battery life", and that my assumption that battery life would scale up with battery size was in error.

Ok, I'll just have to change the way I do things and make better use of Handoff between my iOS devices.
Well glad you found the Chat support useful, Ideal for you.

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely going to start getting AppleCare when I buy new devices. With the money we spend on the devices it makes sense to invest in support.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely going to start getting AppleCare when I buy new devices. With the money we spend on the devices it makes sense to invest in support.
I've been buying AppleCare+ with every Apple device I've bought with the exception of my first iPad, an iPad 2 I purchased in November 2011. That was the iPad where I broke the screen by dropping a camera lens on it 2 weeks after I bought it.:(

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been buying AppleCare+ with every Apple device I've bought with the exception of my first iPad, an iPad 2 I purchased in November 2011. That was the iPad where I broke the screen by dropping a camera lens on it 2 weeks after I bought it.:(
I think it represents value for money, The phone support alone is invaluable, Its piece of mind.

Last edited:
OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ouch! Would AppleCare have been able to help with a new screen? I remember the lenses for my old Canon AE 1 program, those will do it.

I think it represents value for money, The phone support alone is invaluable, Its piece of mind.
Can't put a price tag on peace of mind. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch! Would AppleCare have been able to help with a new screen? I remember the lenses for my old Canon AE 1 program, those will do it.
It would have been an accidental damage claim, with a payment of $79.00.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just for reference, this is what Apple says about battery life on the iPad Air 2 on t heir spec page. You're actually doing pretty well with a typical 12 hours.

https://www.apple.com/ipad-air-2/specs/

Power and Battery

Wi-Fi

• Built-in 27.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
  • Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi‑Fi, watching video, or listening to music
  • Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
Wi-Fi + Cellular
  • Built-in 27.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
  • Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi‑Fi, watching video, or listening to music
  • Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
  • Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system

Most reactions

Latest posts