What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resize photo via Mail not working

bhowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to resize a photo from Camera Roll, and I see a lot of advice on the web simply to send it to myself via Mail. Supposedly, Mail will offer me a choice among several sizes at which to send it. That would be great, but Mail is not doing that for me; it simply sends the photo as is.

I have tried this on my iPad2 (iOS 9.3.5) and my wife’s iPad Air (iOS 11.2.5), with the same result on both. I have looked into Mail’s settings, but nothing seemed to help.

What am I missing?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After you add the photo to an email you will see the image(s) size to the right of hte Cc/Bcc: line. Tap on the CC/Bcc line to expand it. Below you will see the selection of image sizes. Pick one and send the email.

Be aware, the size selection is sticky. Mail will continue to use this selection for images until you change it again.

If you do not see the image size(s) choices, it’s because the image is smaller than the minimum selection.

C309F9D5-EDF2-49C4-B125-BC486A6C7C7B.jpeg

E6AC569E-5E92-448F-B4AA-EBDA2E54B0B7.jpeg

If you need to resize images a lot, there are other apps that will do this. I use Workflow, a kind of task automation app. It’s not too difficult to set up, and can be invoked from the share sheet. I use it to resize images for this forum.

Last edited:
OP
B

bhowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much, twerppoet. Very clearly explained. It works on my wife's iPad Air, but my iPad2 doesn't display anything in the cc/bcc line. That feature must have arrived with iOS 10, which the iPad2 cannot run. Oh well, as you say, I can always use an app that gives one more control over the resizing.

Thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad to help.

The feature has been around for several years, and worked pretty much the same way. No idea why your iPad 2 is not working as expected.

Most reactions

Latest posts