What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about space and data on my 3rd gen ipad

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope I can explain this correctly. I like to keep things cleaned up on my ipad. I am talking mostly about data. So I go into the usage section of my settings. There were about three or four apps in there that were using up way more space than I knew they should be. They are apps that store their data in the cloud, or are supposed to anyway. The ones I can think of right off hand are Pinterest, Tweetbot, and Pimp My Screen. These are all apps that should only take up about 30 or 40 mb of space. They all were taking up 200 to 300 mb each! I deleted and reinstalled all of them plus a couple more and gained more than a gb of space back. Nothing is different. All my setting in each one are the same. I just find it weird!

So any ideas why apps do this? Anything different I can do rather than what I am doing?

Thanks!
Vita

OP
V

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. I thought for sure I'd be able to get help here. Seriously, no one can answer my question? Maybe I should move this to another forum?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
?.... ones I can think of right off hand are Pinterest, Tweetbot, and Pimp My Screen. These are all apps that should only take up about 30 or 40 mb of space. They all were taking up 200 to 300 mb each! I deleted and reinstalled all of them plus a couple more and gained more than a gb of space back. Nothing is different. All my setting in each one are the same. I just find it weird!

So any ideas why apps do this? Anything different I can do rather than what I am doing?

Thanks!
Vita

Generally speaking VitaW, there are very few members on this forum that could explain why each of these apps are taking up so much space or give you advise on how to use these apps--unless one of these developers are also forum members and can see your posting. This is the key thing to remember when trying to figure out why or how apps function on an iPad. I suggest you go into each app in question and see if it can provide you a tutorial on how to effectively use your apps and minimize its storage space requirement. You might find a link in the app to the developer and you can pose your question or concern.

I'm responding to your note so that it gets back on top of the list of threads, perhaps this will stimulate someone else to provide their knowledge of these apps you have identified.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope I can explain this correctly. I like to keep things cleaned up on my ipad. I am talking mostly about data. So I go into the usage section of my settings. There were about three or four apps in there that were using up way more space than I knew they should be. They are apps that store their data in the cloud, or are supposed to anyway. The ones I can think of right off hand are Pinterest, Tweetbot, and Pimp My Screen. These are all apps that should only take up about 30 or 40 mb of space. They all were taking up 200 to 300 mb each! I deleted and reinstalled all of them plus a couple more and gained more than a gb of space back. Nothing is different. All my setting in each one are the same. I just find it weird!

Thanks!
Vita

That's a DEV/developer question. I stay away from OS to app port call questions because I didn't write the app, and my OCD stops at potentially breaking a program.

Most reactions