What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probs with synching ipad to iphone

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. I have an ipad2 and an iphone5. If I buy an app on either of them it doesn't auto sync to the other. Both are set to sync via wi-fi in my iTunes account. I can only transfer/copy the app onto the other if I plug into my pc and load iTunes.

Please could someone advise what I'm doing wrong - or just not doing, as I'm certain this should be possible. I've looked up Apple's site on how things go into the cloud but it still isn't working! BTW, photos DO appear on the other when taken by either one!

Thank you

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - iTunes & App Stores, set Automatic Download to "On" for your apps.

image-2712244508.jpg

OP
S

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Thank you. I tried this on both ipd and phone but still no joy!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. Thank you. I tried this on both ipd and phone but still no joy!

It should work, but only with apps you download after enabling it. The apps you purchased before will have to be downloaded directly on each device, if you don't want to use iTunes. (App Store - Purchased on iPad)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts