What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with YouTube App not showing any videos

iPad-OLD-ix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
Until a few days ago the YouTube app (old version) worked well on first iPad, but now I can not get it running anymore.

I tried full new install, resetting settings, resetting cookies for Safari, logging out in app...

I am not able to login anymore - only "Auth Error", but there are also no videos shown, when not logged in.

I can see the error "Fehler beim Laden" (Error with loading") Tap to try again.

Is YouTube app still working for others of you? Any ideas how to fix the problems?

MANY THANKS

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!
Until a few days ago the YouTube app (old version) worked well on first iPad, but now I can not get it running anymore.

I tried full new install, resetting settings, resetting cookies for Safari, logging out in app...

I am not able to login anymore - only "Auth Error", but there are also no videos shown, when not logged in.

I can see the error "Fehler beim Laden" (Error with loading") Tap to try again.

Is YouTube app still working for others of you? Any ideas how to fix the problems?

MANY THANKS
YouTube has ended support for the YouTube app on the iPad 1. The YouTube app requires iOS 9 or later to work. The workaround is to set up a home screen bookmark for the website version of YouTube after turning off the YouTube app in settings.
I’m curious as to how the app was working for you up until a few days ago as YouTube shut down support for the app over 3 years ago.

OP
iPad-OLD-ix

iPad-OLD-ix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YouTube has ended support for the YouTube app on the iPad 1. The workaround is to set up a home screen bookmark for the website version of YouTube after turning off the YouTube app in settings.
I’m curious as to how the app was working for you up until a few days ago as YouTube shut down support for the app well over a year ago.
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes it worked fine with logged in user and I was also able to give "Thumbs up" and comments.
I am speaking of the "old" version of the YouTube app in store ("load old version") - not the one with the "brown device" logo installed on iPad from "stock". Any alternative ideas running on 5.1. IOS? Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes it worked fine with logged in user and I was also able to give "Thumbs up" and comments.
I am speaking of the "old" version of the YouTube app in store ("load old version") - not the one with the "brown device" logo installed on iPad from "stock". Any alternative ideas running on 5.1. IOS? Thanks.
An old version will not work as the YouTube app now requires iOS 9 to work.
As I said in my first post, the YouTube website still works fine on the iPad 1.

OP
iPad-OLD-ix

iPad-OLD-ix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An old version will not work as the YouTube app now requires iOS 9 to work.
As I said in my first post, the YouTube website still works fine on the iPad 1.

Thanks again for your reply and suggestion with the YouTube website!

I can definitely say that the solution with the "old" app version has worked well around 3-4 days ago.

I can confirm that the actual YouTube app requires iOS 9, but I have loaded it the way like on this photo:

https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/img_579114f05fddf.png

And this worked perfect until a few days ago. Then it started with "not loading" videos sometimes and now there is completly no way to get it to work.

Is anybody here still using a YouTube app on iPad 1 or is able to try the OLD version download?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That won't work. The app won't work if it's downloaded. You’ll just get an error loading message if you try. Just use the website to watch YouTube videos.

OP
iPad-OLD-ix

iPad-OLD-ix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, so YT has made changes making the old app not working just a few days ago?

OP
iPad-OLD-ix

iPad-OLD-ix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wondering why it has worked so well until a few days.....

Suekirsc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem on my iPad (iOS 5.1.1) and I was using the YouTube app just fine until last week. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still can't sign in. Each time I try it says Authentication Error.

This is very disappointing as I do not like using YouTube in safari, the user experience is nowhere near as good.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem on my iPad (iOS 5.1.1) and I was using the YouTube app just fine until last week. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still can't sign in. Each time I try it says Authentication Error.

This is very disappointing as I do not like using YouTube in safari, the user experience is nowhere near as good.
Under the circumstances you may have no choice as support for the app on older iOS versions has been cut off.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to use youtube app to watch youtube video and to download some of them to your phone use this EDITED
YouTube does not allow the downloading of videos on YouTube. We do not allow discussion of the means to pirate copyright videos.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What’s interesting is that it is now possible to download YouTube videos to iPhone and iPad quite easily, and Apple have provided the tool to do it!.
All you need is to use a Siri Shortcut, and it can be done using the YouTube ‘share’ button, and sharing it to the shortcut.
A quick Google will come up with the necessary Shortcut programming.

I wonder how long it will be before YouTube find a way of preventing it though?

Most reactions

Latest posts