What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Photos iOS 5

Peter_Izn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 - iOS 5. I want to delete some albums from Photos. The manual says select edit and a stop sign will appear next to the albums, it doesn't!
Only thing that happens when I pressed edit, is a "New Album" icon appears. I can rearrange albums, but that is all.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can only delete photos from the Camera, Saved, or Imported rolls/albums. Pictures that were synced through iTunes can not be removed except by changing your iTunes sync settings, or editing the synced folder on the computer and re-syncing.

Photos in albums you create on the iPad can be deleted only if they were added from one of the same three editable albums. If they were added from a synced album they can only be removed from your created album.

The PhotoStream can not be deleted. You can only reset the entire stream (removing all pictures) through the icloud.com site; ; which does not work in Safari on the iPad.

FishZM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can only delete photos from the Camera, Saved, or Imported rolls/albums. Pictures that were synced through iTunes can not be removed except by changing your iTunes sync settings, or editing the synced folder on the computer and re-syncing.

Photos in albums you create on the iPad can be deleted only if they were added from one of the same three editable albums. If they were added from a synced album they can only be removed from your created album.

The PhotoStream can not be deleted. You can only reset the entire stream (removing all pictures) through the icloud.com site; ; which does not work in Safari on the iPad.
I'm sorry to say but I have found my own way to remove albums but you will lose all images in that album.

How? Here:
Open iTunes
Go to iPhone/iPod/iPad
Photos tab
Now on your desktop MOVE the folder that the album is named after
Sync
iTunes gives you an error
Go check your albums it should be gone worked for my on the following devices all running iOS 5 except for 1
iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1)
iPod 3 (iOS 5.0.1)
iPod 4 (iOS 5.0.1)
iPhone 3g (iOS 4.2.1)

Most reactions

Latest posts