What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem sending and replying to emails

jonarvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,

Very often, but not in every case, my iPad will not send or reply to an email. I get a message that says that the email address was rejected by the server." ( I mean the email address is the address I am sending or replying to)

It does not happen with every address and I do have three different accounts set up on my iPad, and it does not happen on all of the accounts. Anyone else having this issue? Any advice?

Thanks

Jon

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this happen to only certain email addresses - i.e. the same email address gets the same response every time you try to send to it?

Tim

OP
J

jonarvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does happen to the same address over and over, but not to that address exclusively. I can think of three different addresses that have shown the symptom when I try to reply to an email sent from those three addresses.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason I was asking was that, occasionally, in Mail programs that offer the user the option of entering a 'reply to' address, the user sometimes mistypes that address, so trying to reply to their email always fails.

Tim

OP
J

jonarvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it. There was an incorrect port setting for the outgoing mail server for the account in question.

Thanks for your help!

Jon

aastha235

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also facing the problem in sending emails. The account comes in the "Other" category, i.e POP3 type. It works fine when I'm on the company wifi, but will not let me send from home. Can u please guide me if there's some outgoing server setting, I need to change?

It will be a great help. Thanks!

donmgla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aastha235 said:
I am also facing the problem in sending emails. The account comes in the "Other" category, i.e POP3 type. It works fine when I'm on the company wifi, but will not let me send from home. Can u please guide me if there's some outgoing server setting, I need to change?

It will be a great help. Thanks!

I'm also having a similar problem. Any help advice?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last two posters need to determine if their ISP mail server supports SMTP SSL and port 465. This will allow them to securely login to send email. The reason they can't send when they're away from their 'home' network is because the ISP's mail server has no way of verifying their identity using the standard SMTP protocol, which does not require an account name or password. So most block sending emails when SSL is not being used. You need to modify your email settings in the iPad's 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Accounts' and change the SMTP settings. Enable SSL and use your email address as your login and your POP or IMAP password as your SSL password. Then it should work OK.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts