What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing

orval

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to print directly from the ipad to an hp3050 deskjet wifi printer, in my business i need to have a printer with me and not always have 3g or wifi available. So im trying to find a printer that will work .

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you probably know, the iPad supports a special printing protocol called AirPrint and it can only print directly to WiFi printers that support that protocol. A list is given here.

Apple - iPad - Print right from your iPad with AirPrint.

It is possible to print to other printers - again only by WiFi - using a third-party app, such as Print Central or PrintNShare, but these do not support in-app printing. In other words, if you have a supported printer then you can print directly to that printer from within an app, such as Pages, Numbers or Keynote. If your printer is not AirPrint compatible you will need to use a third party app and the the files that you want to print will have to be opened from within that third party app for it to be able to print.

There is no way to print from the iPad using either Bluetooth or USB.

Tim

smithty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an AirPrint comparable printer but I cannot get my iPhone or iPad to recognise it! My windows laptop has no such problem! It's a HP photosmart B210! Any suggestions

Most reactions

Latest posts