What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from ipad 2 with an epson printer

dmall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea if epson iprint app will work with ipad 2?

OP
D

dmall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, because apple has made a big deal about the 10 hp printers that have airprint and will work with ipad 2. I want to get the ipad but don't want to spend more money on another printer.

OP
D

dmall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have any of you used the ipad with epson iprint?

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using PrintJinni and it prints to my epson workforce 315 over the network no problems :) oh yeah, and it's free...

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried iPrint yesterday for my Artisan 810 and it picked up the printer but when I tried to print out an eamil, the select printer option doesn't find anything. Are these apps not suppose to do that or am I missing something?

Frybynite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Epson 835 and PrintJinni doesn't work

I'm using PrintJinni and it prints to my epson workforce 315 over the network no problems :) oh yeah, and it's free...

I have PrintJinni app also on my iPad 2. In the app it finds my Epson 835 printer but when I try and print a photo it says it can not find the printer. Any idea why it doesn't work? I checked it as my default printer in the settings.

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We bought an Epson WP-2540 as my earlier Lexmark couldn't handle Air Print.. It works with DW's iPad2, but does have one quirk that I haven't resolved yet. It has a "sleep timer" that partially shuts it down if no print jobs have been sent. The longest time interval is 10 minutes and it can't be disabled.

Unfortunately, the sleep timer shuts off the wi-fi function. Since DW uses her iPad in the living room and the printer is in the den, alongside my Win XP desktop, she doesn't know it's not receiving her print commands.

Epson says it's my modem that's shutting the wi-fi down, not their sleep timer. I find it odd that a modem (in my case a Comcast Telephony Gateway) can shut the printer's front panel display off as well as it's wi-fi link.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello The Damps - you responded to nearly a 4 year-old thread that likely will not be looked at much if at all - I would suggest that you start a new thread in the appropriated forum - just saying. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts