What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preschooler Control

dadudette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I lock folders so that my 3 year-old can't keep opening apps that don't concern her? She and I share the device and she has a lot of entertainment and games, but even putting those on the first pages or in folders just for her doesn't stop her from opening my lists, books, and other not-for-kids apps. She's smart enough to know how to find things no matter where I hide them, so creating additional folders isn't the answer.

OP
D

dadudette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I did that, but it still doesn't keep her from opening them, and some apps won't tell her to get lost as I wish they would. Too bad there isn't a password-to-open feature.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I did that, but it still doesn't keep her from opening them, and some apps won't tell her to get lost as I wish they would. Too bad there isn't a password-to-open feature.

Well, it would be a pain, bit you could delete them for when she's playing, and then add specific ones back when you want to play. Have you thought of getting a low-end iTouch for her? It fits right in a child's hand and their eyes and tiny hands have no trouble using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts