Preschooler Control

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by dadudette, Nov 30, 2011.

1. dadudette

dadudette iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know how I lock folders so that my 3 year-old can't keep opening apps that don't concern her? She and I share the device and she has a lot of entertainment and games, but even putting those on the first pages or in folders just for her doesn't stop her from opening my lists, books, and other not-for-kids apps. She's smart enough to know how to find things no matter where I hide them, so creating additional folders isn't the answer.
  2. JezzerP

JezzerP iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Check out the Restrictions section in Settings. It's under General settings and may help with some things.
  3. dadudette

dadudette iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. I did that, but it still doesn't keep her from opening them, and some apps won't tell her to get lost as I wish they would. Too bad there isn't a password-to-open feature.
  4. emm

emm iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well, it would be a pain, bit you could delete them for when she's playing, and then add specific ones back when you want to play. Have you thought of getting a low-end iTouch for her? It fits right in a child's hand and their eyes and tiny hands have no trouble using it.