What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positioning the Cursor

footslogger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviously, deleting the last character while typing on the iPad keyboard is straightforward. However, I was wondering if there are "Arrow Keys" hidden somewhere that would allow you to move the cursor around within a body of text for seletive deleting/editing, other than trying to place it where you want it maually using the touch screen feature?

Anybody ?

Thanks in advance ...

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
footslogger said:
Obviously, deleting the last character while typing on the iPad keyboard is straightforward. However, I was wondering if there are "Arrow Keys" hidden somewhere that would allow you to move the cursor around within a body of text for seletive deleting/editing, other than trying to place it where you want it maually using the touch screen feature?

Anybody ?

Thanks in advance ...

That would be a no, but several people share your wish.

You can press the screen on your text for a few seconds and a magnifier will appear which allows you to better position your cursor for editing. Not as good as arrow keys, but it's something anyway.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An external BlueTooth keyboard solves this issue in part. On the nice Apple KB (the Aluminum one with the white keys), you can use the 4 arrow keys to move an insertion-point "I beam" - but the Delete key is really only a backspace key... deleting as it backspaces (normal), but no function to delete characters ahead of it. So it's better, but not perfect.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts