What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcast downloads

dial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello forum,

I'm used to downloading podcasts to my desktop and then loading them onto my mp3 player for walking/exercising etc. Can someone tell me how to do this on my ipad2?

OP
D

dial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that Tim. It doesn't help unfortunately as I'm a good thousand miles away from my home computer. Just think how simple this would be with USB. Or perhaps a wireless mp3 player. Or an iPhone. Rather frustrating, in short that I cannot use the iPad as a stand-alone.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - it's not a problem. You need GoodReader, which will enable you to download your podcasts. It has an 'in-built' web browser that, unlike Safari, can download files - either over WiFi or 3G. The in-built web browser isn't intended to replace Safari - it's simply there to provide the download capability that's missing in Safari. I use it all the time to download mp3 tracks, which GoodReader can play too.

Tim

OP
D

dial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been intending to get Goodreader for PDFs - thanks for the reminder -however, not sure how it will help me get mp3s of my iPad and onto my mp3 player, which is the real sticking point. I don't believe there's an answer, besides having to bring another computer into the picture. Am I correct?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhhh....I misinterpreted your first post - when you asked how you could do this on your iPad I thought you meant how do you download mp3s to your iPad and play them on your iPad - but you meant transfer them to your mp3 player (if this seems a silly thing for me to think, you'll see there was a thread a few days ago when several Members were reacting against a suggestion that it would be silly to jog and listen to mp3s on your iPad...:D )

OK - I agree - I can't think of any way to transfer those mp3 tracks from your iPad to your mp3 player......:(

Tim

OP
D

dial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, well, at least that's clear. I imagine my problem will find an answer in the future. As to jogging with the iPad, sounds silly but it could be done, although I'd be worried as to whether it could deal with the repeated jolting that would result. Not even sure I'd do it with an iPhone..

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - it's not a problem. You need GoodReader, which will enable you to download your podcasts. It has an 'in-built' web browser that, unlike Safari, can download files - either over WiFi or 3G. The in-built web browser isn't intended to replace Safari - it's simply there to provide the download capability that's missing in Safari. I use it all the time to download mp3 tracks, which GoodReader can play too.

Tim

I just larnt some thing new today :D:D:D

Cheers Timbo!:p

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a noobie question, but can you just sync podcasts from iTunes onto your iPad? Because my church posts their sermons online and those would be awesome to have on here.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
This is a noobie question, but can you just sync podcasts from iTunes onto your iPad? Because my church posts their sermons online and those would be awesome to have on here.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Anything that's in iTunes should sync to the relevant app in your iPad, in this case it would be in the iPod app.

The Archangel

Most reactions