What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playlists

ycul_0606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I have 2 iphones (mine and my partners) and an ipad synced to my computer. All of them are set to manually manage music as i only store about 10gb on my iphone but have a 64gb ipad.
My question is about playlists.
Is there anyway of creating playlists with you can add to both devices? and then, if you edit the list on one device, it will edit the other on the next sync?
Im fed up of making a playlist and then when i go to play it, its on the other device, or its an older version etc!
Any advice would be great!
Lucy:ipad-keyboard:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You made me curious enough to give this a quick test.

If you create the playlist in iTunes and set it to sync on all devices, then changes made on the devices will sync back to iTunes, and through that to all other devices the next time you sync them.

I'm not sure what would happen if you made multiple changes on multiple devices before syncing back to iTunes.

Of course, devices will only be as up to date as their last sync. If you make a change on one device, and don't sync it for a week, don't expect to see changes anywhere else.

Personally, I just create and manage all my playlists on iTunes. It's easier.

OP
Y

ycul_0606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help.

I tried to create the playlist etc. But when i go to 'sync playlist to device' it warns me that it will remove all my music from the device, because i have it set to manually manage.

i appreicate its so much easier to sync to library. but i have only have selected songs from albums on my phone, and then full amount on ipad. So if i prefer to drag songs on individually to my phone.

I really appreciate your help though
thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I don't think it is possible to sync playlists they way you are doing things. Maybe in iOS 5, but I haven't heard anything about playlist syncing, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Most reactions

Latest posts