What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing Songs

rwmol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to be able to play a song and then have it stop or maybe repeat the same song. I don't find a way to do this.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Music app, tap "Repeat" and choose "Repeat Song": image-994824923.jpg
The same song will be repeated until you stop it.

If you don't want to open the Music app to stop songs, force close the app: double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar, in iOS 7 swipe the thumbnails above the app icons towards the top of the screen. This will work with every app that plays music.

Or open Control Center and pause the song this way:

image-2560915473.jpg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can also hold down the Home Button to activate Siri, and say Stop. If the Music app is playing, it will stop.

Alternately you can say Play, and the Music app will start playing again where ever it left off last time. If the app was cleard from RAM (so it doesn't remember what you were playing last) it will play your entire music collection, shuffled. If you add Shuffled to any play command (artist, playlist, genre) it will shuffle them.

As near as I can tell you can say "play the song song-name" and it will play just that song, once. Provided only one track matches your search.

I'm going to test that last to be sure. If I don't edit this post it means it worked as expected.

Edit: I was wrong. It went on to play another song. I'm not sure what criteria it used, but the song was from the same album, so next song on the album is the most likely.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts