What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
Just upgraded my 2 to an Air 2, still slightly in awe of it.

Took some photos to post on a forum and they were too large, had to go to Photobucket and resize them.
Can I do this on the iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just upgraded my 2 to an Air 2, still slightly in awe of it.

Took some photos to post on a forum and they were too large, had to go to Photobucket and resize them.
Can I do this on the iPad?
If you have one of the many free and paid photo editing apps, you can certainly resize your photos right on the iPad.
Pixelmator is a paid app that can resize images and preform just about any edit imaginable.

Pixelmator for iOS

Pixelmator Tutorials

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keep an eye on Pixelmator, it's occasionally offered for free for a limited time.

The OP just missed a reduced price promotion in the App Store. I think it was 60% or 75% off. I picked it up, since everyone's recommended it several times.

Another way to reduce image size is with the Workflow app. This is an automation app, where you can string together a series of actions for a result. Since the automations can be work through the Workflow extention, it's possible to select and resize images from inside other apps, then save them elsewhere.

It requires a bit of learning, but the workflow to resize isn't too complicated. If you decide to give it a try I can send you links ot the two workflows I have. The one I use for this forum just takes the horizontal dimmension and reduces it to 1200 pixels (with vertical sized in proportion). The other one makes the longest size 640 pixels, resizing the other in proportions. I use it when I want smaller images to post to the web (if they don't require great detail).

Here's another thread where I discuss it in more detail, and provide a link to the more complicated version of my photo resized workflow.

Can anyone help me figure out how to adjust my camera resolution settings on my ipad mini 2 ios 10.2

Most reactions

Latest posts