What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo frame app

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbolymer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I am planning to use my iPad as a photo frame. However, after hours of search for an app for this, I couldn't find any usable one. I am looking for the following features:
Must have:
  • Be able to play photos from UPnP server (from playlist and folder)
  • Shuffle mode
  • Customizable slideshow time
Nice to have:
  • fade in / fade out effect between photos
Do you know any application with these features? :/

flickeringflare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nPlayer 3.12.8 can play photos from a UPnP server. However, as far as a know, folders don’t work. Playlists can be made within nPlayer. Shuffle mode is not present. Time per slide can be adjusted. Only one transition is available—a horizontal slide.

That being said, I am looking for an app that has the same features you listed. In addition, a 10-second dissolve or fade transition would be nice. I have found only one app that can do a 10-second transition—PhotoStickies—and it’s not for iPad.

flickeringflare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know. ;)

There’s a small chance that carbolymer will get a notification and see the thread. I was also worried about starting a new thread when a suitable one already exists. I do want to find a photo frame app that has the ability to do slow transitions. They’re so fun to watch!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Understood. You are better off starting a new thread when this one is so old. Not everyone chooses to see every new post, as I do.

Good luck.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know. ;)

There’s a small chance that carbolymer will get a notification and see the thread. I was also worried about starting a new thread when a suitable one already exists. I do want to find a photo frame app that has the ability to do slow transitions. They’re so fun to watch!
carbolymer has not been back since April 11, 2016. He apparently joined just to ask his question which was not answered.

If you have more questions about your problem, please ask them in a separate thread.

With that, this thread is now closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts