What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photo folder maintenance

espiritu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to ipad and I would like to improt my photos and I want to arrange it by events, how do I do this? do I need a software? what kind? pls recommend free software if available thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You do not really need any additional software, though it can make life easier. If you organise your photos into folders on your PC and then sync them with your iPad using iTunes then that folder arrangement will be duplicated in the Photos app on the iPad. However, once those photos are on the iPad you cannot add or delete folders and you cannot delete photos - except by making those changes first of all on the PC and then synching again with the iPad.

If you want to process photos on the iPad then Adobe have some free apps that can help you do most of what you'll probably want to.

Tim

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
However, once those photos are on the iPad you cannot add or delete folders and you cannot delete photos - except by making those changes first of all on the PC and then synching again with the iPad.

Tim

Well.. I'm upset if this is true.
There's no way to organize photos in Photos app?!

By organize I mean:
- create folders
- move photos between folders
- rename photos and folders

There's no way to do that on iPad?
Maybe there's an app for that which could make changes in Photos app photos?

Now all my photos saved from emails are saved to album "Camera roll" in Photos app. Why "Camera roll" and not the name of the album I want?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid it's true. In the native iPad Photos app you cannot create or delete folders and you cannot delete photos that have been synched with your PC and - just to cap it off - there is no app that can allow you to do this *in the native Photos app*. However, there are plenty of other third-party apps that can do this - many free (see the Adobe offerings in the App Store) but they do not interface with the native iPad Photos app because iOS prevents direct app-to-app interaction.

Tim

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks! I will look for some other apps. If someone could drop some names for the start - would be nice.

BTW, this Camera Roll folder/album which was created automatically when I saved my photos from email attachments and safari... is this a standard name for that folder and everybody has it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - that's the standard name and everyone has it.

As I mentioned, Adobe have a couple of free apps (just search for Adobe in the App Store) but there are some high-end professional apps too that Members have recommended (with 'professional prices' too!)

Tim

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an app called photo sort. Don't remember what I paid. I can make folders and put pics from ipad photo app in them. It would be better if I could do photo files in the iPad photo app. Thought it would be on the 2 since it has a camera. Maybe the 3?

Most reactions

Latest posts