What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo EVENTS corrupted

RC52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the forum and this is the first post so please excuse any errors etc. A couple months ago I got an IPAD 1.

I have been traveling OS and was importing photos to the IPAD as I went along.

This worked well and I found that viewing photos by EVENT which was displayed as the date of the picture made it easier to remember where the photos were taken.

However now I am home and have noticed that the EVENTS no longer displays the date, instead what I see is things like 112IMPRT or 123IMPRT.
My IPAD is synced with a PC running Windows 7 , but I do not as yet sync the photos.

I suspect the problem occurred after upgrading the IOS to 4.3.3 (the latest).

I have tried to powrer off and on but have not done a hard reset yet - will do after post.

I have found if I do subsequent imports the events come as a date.
I can remove the photos and re-import the 2400 photos but that would take some time. Just deleting is difficult. I have fond you can delete the photos using Windows explorer when connected to a PC which makes it quicker but still a pain.

Does any one have any ideas,

Thanks in advance,
Richard

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No idea. I haven't had it do this, so I can't experiment to see what might fix it. You already said you did a reset, and that's all I could recommend.

So why am I posting? Just so you know you are not being ignored. :D

Posting reset instructions, just so we both know you did this: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Hansg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I saw today that I have the same problem, the events change name everytime I sync with my PC, strange

Most reactions

Latest posts