What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Editing features

cmantz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.IdentityElements.com
I just updated to iOS5 yesterday and have been playing with some of the new features. I noticed that when I take a picture with my ipad and use the new photo editing tools (crop for example) and save the picture...it appears these editing attributes only show up on the ipad. For example, if I post an edited picture to Facebook, it posts the original. Also, if I plug in my ipad to my computer and view the pictures, they are the unedited pics.

I also tried to edit the pictures through Photo Stream and then it asks if I want to save to the Camera Roll but again it saves the unedited pictures.

Is this how it is suppose to work? Is it a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Christine - welcome to the forum! :)

I've recently updated to iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and have just started using the new features on the native Photo app - tonight after your post above, I cropped a stored image in my Camera Roll and also a new one taken w/ the iPad - cropping was easily done; I 'saved' the altered images and emailed them to myself (at my Yahoo account) - they both showed up as my cropped images; I'm not a Facebook member so cannot test there - sorry.

Will be interested in other responses to your post - would like this to work correctly - just in case, you might want to 'restart' and/or 'reset' your iPad just to make sure that a computer glitch is not the issue - good luck and please post back you experience - will definitely help others dealing w/ these new features - Dave :)

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just up graded too have a question re the new category's
In events I now have 5 new folders 100 image etc through to 105 image which I didn't create.
Question how were these created and can I re name them and or delete.
Hope you can help

Most reactions

Latest posts