What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password generator whiich allows me to pick which special characters to include

tomarseneault

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some sites I have been accessing do not allow all special charters and I was wondering if any one knew of an app that's would allow me to pick which characters to include in the password?

Tom

Sent from my iPad using iPF

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Generally password generators will incorporate the basic shift + 1 through 10 and often times -, _, + and = as well. As for selecting specifically which of those symbols, I'm not aware of any that allows you to constrain the generator to say "numbers, letters and one of these 3 symbols (^ * $) only". I use 1Password from AgileBit and it generates numbers, letters, and symbols, but does not allow you to constrain the symbols acutely.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you tap on the 'Show Password Recipe" option in 1Password's generator it will allow some tailoring. You can't chose what symbols or digits it will include, but you can choose how many, including zero. So it is possible to turn off digits and/or numbers altogether.

There are some other options, like pronounceable, repeats, length, etc.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts