Otterbox???

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by davidtxs, Oct 7, 2012.

1. davidtxs

davidtxs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have any exp with the otter box case??,

2. hpulmer

hpulmer
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Me. Otterbox Defender + utility bag.
    I love it, several times bumped in harsh environment and all is fine. It is a bit heavy though and one of my peripherals does not fit through the dock connector opening.
    But I repeat: I love it!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

3. davidtxs

davidtxs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  4. Pocobear

Pocobear
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I have the Otter Box Defender cases on my iPad 1 and 3, iPhone 4 and 5. One of the best cases out there. There are many others, some equal too, perhaps a little better. Read the reviews on Google. Otter Boxes' older cases were very chunky, but the new ones are smaller and lighter and provide great protection. No matter what case you get, none of them will protect you from every hazard. If you treat your iDevice/Case like the case wasn't there, in other words, just like it was naked, by being careful, you will be satisfied with it.

5. davidtxs

davidtxs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ya I am in a long term rehab nursing home so in bed alot and I WORRY about it gettin knocked off the bedside table I kind of inherited it from my mom she never even turned it on she passed away a month ago so I got the IPAD and it will be my most treasured item

6. davidtxs

davidtxs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well that ringing endorsement sold me. It does have a kickstand doesnt it??

7. elen smith

elen smith
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Looks many people fancy otterbox. I had never used it.

8. SamArmstrong99

SamArmstrong99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I ordered the Grey/Crevasse "web exclusive" Otterbox Defender to compliment my white IPad 3 and it is fantastic! Rugged and protective yet stylish, eye-catching and, with the built in stand, perfect for everyday use.

Certainly something that everyone comments on for it's looks and worth the few days wait for it to arrive from the US.

If I have one criticism it is that the connector is too well protected and subsequently too deep to plug in some accessories without needing an extender but, as many will use it as a standalone product (I.e. without plugging bits in) it has been designed with protection as it's prime responsibility and in that respect I am delighted with it.

I did look at the Griffin Survivor too having had that for my iPhone but what it gains in protection it definitely loses in looks and I have always been a little irritated by the flap covering the camera which decides on the day whether it wishes to stay clipped back to allow you to take pics!!!

Like the Griffin, the fact that my iPad is protected within a case, within a silicone surround and with a hard shell means that when I finally decide to upgrade to a newer model my original will be as new which means no scratches or damage and may well justify the extra cost of what I consider to be an already great buy!

9. davidtxs

davidtxs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    can NOT AGREE MORE i flat love mine and feel much better with it protected the way the Defender does!!!!! PLUS It does the male ego good to s33e a manly case lol besides the basic colors it comes in Camo lol

10. stoic

stoic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm concerned about around the circle cutout, it seems very rough and that it would scratch the back of my iPad. Has it scratch yours? Or does mine have a defect with the harsh rough edges?