Order 2 x iPad and order got canceled

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Krypty, Jul 24, 2010.

1. jimt29

jimt29
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You are right King Hal, it was a little abusive.

But.... I'm neither for or against the policy. I just took issue with the "total bs" comment. For this I apologize.

2. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Apple has made no bones about the difficulty they are having getting enough screens that pass their quality requirements. They are adding more and more countries that they sell to, and the demand does not let up. Creates a difficult problem for Apple, which most companies envy. It is not BS that they make this restriction, just bad luck for some. There are ways to get around the problem if you want it bad enough.

3. Krypty

Krypty
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

Shipping is to Florida so I guess they are limiting all US stock now.

I have replied to them as I see they have already deducted the money from my account for the full order.

#13 Krypty, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  4. maryinredding

maryinredding
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I ordered mine from the Apple store and then bought one at our local Best Buy.

5. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I read a blog last week quoting two LG executives that LG can not keep up with screen demand and they would run dry by the end of summer. It's starting to look like end of summer is within site :confused:

6. OperatorX

OperatorX
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sounds wrong though. What if you were a business trying to deploy to a sales team? You need to order for each individual?

7. Prasius

Prasius
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I would assume business account holders have different rules to consumers. I think the main blame are the touts who buy loads of "whatever" on launch day, and then hawk them on ebay at grossly inflated prices. Granted if people are stupid enough to pay it then so be it, but it's pretty crappy behaviour.

Oddly, I could go into either PC World or my local Apple store and pick up any 3G iPad from stock at the moment. (UK).