What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One drive & pro

nikkiknights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi- I have a pro after having I pad 3, how do I add one drive to the list, when I am in safari & what to save the page like on line application form etc, on my old pad the icon just came up, I have clicked more but it's not there and I can't fathom how to add it! See photo attached, Please help...
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    780.2 KB · Views: 293

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are three things required for a share extention to show up.

• The app developer adds one to their app (and you have that app installed)
  • You've turned it on using the (...) More option in the share sheet.
  • The file or data type is compatible with the app (according to what the developer listed)

Assuming you've taken care of the first two, the OneDrive app will still not appear for what you are doing. Safari's data type when sharing a website is a URL (site link). OneDrive is for saving files, and a URL is content, not a file.

If you look at all the apps showing in your share sheet, you're going to see that they are all apps that you save or use content in (text mostly). The only exception is the iBooks app, and it specifically states it is going to convert the site to a PDF before saving. There is no reason that OneDrive couldn't do that, except Microsoft did not include that ability.

All is not lost. You can still use a third party app like PDF Converter by Readdle to convert the web page to PDF, and then save that to OneDrive. The OneDrive app does show up in PDF Converter's share sheet. I'm sure there are other, similar apps.

Note: PDF Converter will not convert secure sites, like bank sites. Those pages will fail to authenticate when it attempts to load and convert them.

Worst case, if you can get all the data you want from the site onto one screen, you can take a screenshot. You can save it to OneDrive from the Photos app.

Or you could save the URL to the Microsoft OneNote app. That gets saved to OneDrive as well, though in a format that only OneNote can read.

Last edited:
OP
nikkiknights

nikkiknights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, yes I already have the app, it just isn't showing up when you click on options to save to when you are in safari, thanks anyway

OP
nikkiknights

nikkiknights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are three things required for a share extention to show up.

• The app developer adds one to their app.
  • You've turned it on using the (...) More option in the share sheet.
  • The file or data type is compatible with the app (according to what the developer listed)

Assuming you've taken care of the first two, the OneDrive app will still not appear for what you are doing. Safari's data type when sharing a website is a URL (site link). OneDrive is for saving files, and a URL is content, not a file.

If you look at all the apps showing in your share sheet, you're going to see that they are all apps that you save or use content in (text mostly). The only exception is the iBooks app, and it specifically states it is going to convert the site to a PDF before saving. There is no reason that OneDrive couldn't do that, except Microsoft did not include that ability.

All is not lost. You can still use a third party app like PDF Converter by Readdle to convert the web page to PDF, and then save that to OneDrive. The OneDrive app does show up in PDF Converter's share sheet. I'm sure there are other, similar apps.

Note: PDF Converter will not convert secure sites, like bank sites. Those pages will fail to authenticate when it attempts to load and convert them.

Worst case, if you can get all the data you want from the site onto one screen, you can take a screenshot. You can save it to OneDrive from the Photos app.

OP
nikkiknights

nikkiknights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks I will try the PDF converter, on th old I pad, I could just click on the menu or .... and it was there, it's there for photos or PDF files that are also I book but not just a PDF! It's obviously a setting but I'm blowed if I can find it! Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, thanks I will try the PDF converter, on th old I pad, I could just click on the menu or .... and it was there, it's there for photos or PDF files that are also I book but not just a PDF! It's obviously a setting but I'm blowed if I can find it! Thank you

Besides showing you a web page, Safari can also download and dispaly many file types, including PDFs and most image formats. If a file is displayed then the Open In options will appear. You have to use the Open In, because the share extention at the top of Safair's page will (still) only share the URL to the file.

You can usually tell when a file is displayed. If you tap in the center of the screen you'll see Open In options at the top left and right of the page. If the file can't not be displayed you'll get an icon for the file and Open In options.

IMG_1798.PNG

Images can be an exception. Often the only choice you get with them is Save Image; by tap/holding the image. These will be saved in the Photos app (from there you can easily move/copy them to other apps.)

Last edited:
OP
nikkiknights

nikkiknights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, yes I have been me on right & one on left, I'll do some screen shots - thank you so much for helping me its very kind

OP
nikkiknights

nikkiknights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen shot- one with one without even when you click on ....

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 303

Most reactions

Latest posts