What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers help with formula running down a page

BoredFatMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I havent fully searched the forum for this as wasnt entirely sure how to explain it, but i will try!

I am creating a spreadsheet to track who has completed a task most recently and down the left most collumn i want to have a date, (for example 02nd Jan 2011), which then increases by exactly one week each line you drop down.

So for example, A1 would show 02/01/2011 and B1 would show 09/01/2011.

How do i write the formula for this, and can I then fill down the page so that it follows this sequence for the entire year?

I hope i have provided a detailed enough explanation!

Thanks in advance for your help...

BFM

Mike245

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I havent fully searched the forum for this as wasnt entirely sure how to explain it, but i will try!

I am creating a spreadsheet to track who has completed a task most recently and down the left most collumn i want to have a date, (for example 02nd Jan 2011), which then increases by exactly one week each line you drop down.

How do i write the formula for this, and can I then fill down the page so that it follows this sequence for the entire year?

BFM

I'm not sure about your formula (yet) but, I am sure about the concept of doing these kinds of things on a Mac or PC using all the comfort they bring and then exporting the file (I use iDisk) to the Ipad for use. Any formulas can be copied or easily modified as needed.

I do a lot of Excel work with some pretty complicated formulas and most of the time, I get way to frustrated trying to originate a sheet on the Ipad due to input limitations (even using my BT keyboard). Virtually all of my sheet entrys are done on the Ipad and I find the above works best for me.

Hope that helps.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BoredFatMan said:
Hi guys,

BFM

I would fill in the first three dates in the respective cells
Select that range of filled in cells
Tap on the range to bring up the context menu and select fill
The rein will be outlined in a heavy gold border that I think has some thin black lines either inside or outside of the border
Anyway, tap and hold on the lower edge of the gold border and drag it down as far as you need to or to the bottom og the page
If you need to scroll the page up you will have to tap the bottom of the extended range and select fill again
This usually works for any regular series of numbers and possibly days of the week and months of the year

jaxjason

iPF Noob
Reaction score
date formula

Sorry for bumping this, but the formula was never posted that does this. If A1 has a date and you want A2 to be 1 week later, then the formula is simply:
=a1+7

When you add rows to your table, fill the equation down.
Jason

Most reactions

Latest posts