What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Number next to icon

High201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does it mean when I have a number next to a downloaded app. I have two apps that have a number 1 next to them. What does that mean and how can I get rid of them? Thanks in advance.

doubleR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It means you have a notification or alert somewhere in the app. If it's the app store then you have an update. Facebook a notification or message. SMS a message. So on.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It means you have some type of notification/alert/message associated with app....depending on the app...

Last edited:

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The number indicates how many messages that app has for you that you haven't accessed yet. After you tap on the messages, the number will disappear.

OP
H

High201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all. Some of the ones have disappeared but I still have a one next to stitcher and cannot get it to go away. No messages or updates anywhere?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hornsup68 said:
Did you ever find an answer here? It is driving me bonkers!

If you want to get rid of them, go to the the Settings App. Then firstly check under notifications to see if your app is listed, if it is then switch off all the notifications. If it isn't listed, press the back arrow and check down the left hand panel and see if your app is listed there to see if there is a setting for it to switch off notifications.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts