What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Number above iPlan app.

dsdogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does the number that keeps appearing above my iPlan app mean? I cannot figure out what it's for or how to do anything with it. The number keeps growing so I am guessing that it is something important. Can anyone please help me out with this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you mean the icon badge (a number in a red circle)?

This usually means you've got a number of messages, notifications, or other items of interest. Which can be hard to determine. Search around the app's menus and look for indications of things you are supposed to look at.

You can turn the badge off by going to Settings > Notifications, and changing that app's settings.

I looked in the App Store, but there are several apps named iPlan. If you follow the developer's support link from the listing there might be a manual, or at least a place to send questions.

I'm afraid that's all I've got.

nedlington

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

Perplexed and annoyed me for a while, then it occurred to me that the number was incrementing by one per day and was always equal to the day of the month! Go figure.
Turn it off, or into something more useful (e.g. Number of events and tasks today) via setting --> preferences --> badge type.

I've been quite pleased with this app until today when I've started getting intermittent meaningless (to me at least) pop up exception messages. Hopefully it happens again so I can properly note the exception and alert the developer.

Happy trails.

Nigel.

OP
D

dsdogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

Perplexed and annoyed me for a while, then it occurred to me that the number was incrementing by one per day and was always equal to the day of the month! Go figure.
Turn it off, or into something more useful (e.g. Number of events and tasks today) via setting --> preferences --> badge type.

I've been quite pleased with this app until today when I've started getting intermittent meaningless (to me at least) pop up exception messages. Hopefully it happens again so I can properly note the exception and alert the developer.

Happy trails.

Nigel.

Wow! That makes sense. I kind of feel a bit stupid now, lol. Thanks for your information!

Most reactions

Latest posts