What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noticification Centre or Center

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my Today View" on the notification pop up, I have the Today's Day and date the a brief summary of the current weather with current temperature
And today's high. It's currently in Celsius and I am a Fahrenheit fan. Problem is pretty obvious but I'll spell it out anyway. how do I changed from C to F? I have scoured all my apps where it may be getting the info from but they are all (as far as I know) in Fahrenheit. I guess no big deal globally, but hey, it's something.
Thanks Guys and Gals. May peace be in your house.:thumbs:

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In my (iPhone) built-in weather app, if I click in the bottom right corner, it gives me the Celsius or Fahrenheit option. This is, I assume, where the notification center weather summary comes from, and it's identical across all of my devices.

Another thing I thought of: I don't recall having to set Celsius or Fahrenheit. If the 'Weather' option is turned on under 'Privacy-Location Services', wouldn't that automatically display the correct temperature setting for your area?

Last edited:
OP
N

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my (iPhone) built-in weather app, if I click in the bottom right corner, it gives me the Celsius or Fahrenheit option. This is, I assume, where the notification center weather summary comes from, and it's identical across all of my devices. Another thing I thought of: I don't recall having to set Celsius or Fahrenheit. If the 'Weather' option is turned on under 'Privacy-Location Services', wouldn't that automatically display the correct temperature setting for your area?
Thanks for your reply, however I can't find any inbuilt weather program and yes I am in a Fahrenhieght area. So I just don't know. I am going to try the online manual. Who knows huh?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is tied to your Region Format under Settings > General > International.

This controls things like your date format, start day of the calendar, phone number format, metric system or not, etc. Unfortunately you can't break it down. It's all or nothing. Depending on what you want you might be able to find a country that fits. For instance, if you want North American phone number format but metric measures and European dates, Canada might fit the bill.

Basically, if you want something other than what is considered standard for your region (by Apple anyway), then you have to try and find a compromise country.

OP
N

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is tied to your Region Format under Settings > General > International. This controls things like your date format, start day of the calendar, phone number format, metric system or not, etc. Unfortunately you can't break it down. It's all or nothing. Depending on what you want you might be able to find a country that fits. For instance, if you want North American phone number format but metric measures and European dates, Canada might fit the bill. Basically, if you want something other than what is considered standard for your region (by Apple anyway), then you have to try and find a compromise country.

Thankyou, perfectly described and understood.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is tied to your Region Format under Settings > General > International.

This controls things like your date format, start day of the calendar, phone number format, metric system or not, etc. Unfortunately you can't break it down. It's all or nothing. Depending on what you want you might be able to find a country that fits. For instance, if you want North American phone number format but metric measures and European dates, Canada might fit the bill.

Basically, if you want something other than what is considered standard for your region (by Apple anyway), then you have to try and find a compromise country.

Great piece of info Twerppoet

Thank you!!

Most reactions

Latest posts