What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No computer

Cynh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i do not currently own a computer. I use my iPad and iPhone. However, I am wondering how I get into my iTunes account? The one that shows all my songs etc. I have made a new ringtone and hit save. Now it tells me to connect to a Mac or pic and connect to iTunes. Then select my device on the apps tab. Having no computer to connect to leaves me confused. Please help.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately you need an actual computer to connect to your iTunes account. It also needs a connection to the internet. Hope that helps.
More experts will be along soon to give you more details, so stick around.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Pretty much all the 'make-your-own' ringtone apps depend on a computer and iTunes to work. This is because there is no direct way to convince an iPad that a particular audio file is a ringtone, and then import it to the appropriate system folder. You need iTunes on a computer to do both of those things

If there is any app to do this, it will require a jailbreak. Something that isn't currently available for iOS 10, or the last versions of iOS 9. And would probably be way too much trouble just to get a ringtone anyway.

Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts